It’s Impossible For Me To Marry Another Woman –Sanyeri

Sanyeri2Hawawu Afonja is currently in cloud nine after her husband, popular comic actor, Sanyeri, gifted her with a new car during the week. In the photographs that surfaced online, the lady was seen beaming with smiles in her new ride.

But only a few close friends and family would know the tears and struggles that smiling face has been through in the past when her husband was still a struggling actor.

In a recent chat with Saturday Beats, the comic relief actor said that because of what his wife has endured with him, he can never have a second wife. Sanyeri added that his wife has been through thick and thin with him and he would continue to celebrate her.

He said, “All through the period I was courting my wife, I did not have money. In fact, I was living in a room apartment with three other friends of mine – Adekola Tijani, Adebayo Tijani and Ibrahim Chatta.  Afeez Eniola frequently came to visit us and he would spend the whole day with us. That is why I will forever appreciate my wife and I will never stop celebrating her.

“She was one of the ladies that saw herself as a fine girl yet she decided to stay with a man who had no money and no good looks. If a woman stays with a man, it is either because he is rich or he is fine. I didn’t possess any of those qualities yet my wife decided to stick with me. It is not as if I was very good with words or I had a name to brag about. She stayed with me with the belief that one day, I would become someone in life.

“It’s because of her that I believe that some women have foresight. She had probably seen that my future would be bright; we began dating in 2004 and got married in 2010. That is why it is impossible for me to have a second wife. How can it be possible for me to get a second wife after all my wife has been through with me? She has faced so many struggles with me, so I cannot decide to marry another wife now that things are rosy for us. It is impossible.”

Reminiscing on the first time he laid eyes on his wife, the actor said he wanted to brag about being an actor but that only pissed his wife off. He added that it took the intervention of his mother-in-law for his wife to grant him audience.

“The day we met, she came to watch a film which I produced at the National Theatre. That was my first movie production. She was in the company with her friends. When I saw her, I told myself she was a fine girl so I decided to walk up to her. I introduced myself to her and told her that I would love to date her. In order to impress her, I also told her that I was the producer of the movie she came to see but she just walked out on me after I made the statement.

“After about two months, we met again at the National Theatre and then I began the wooing process again after apologising for being corky. But shortly after, I did not get to see her for about four months. She eventually told me she had been very ill. Then I persisted with wooing her because she was playing hard to get. Back then, we both did not have phones so I had to call her mother’s phone to talk to her but whenever I called the phone from a business centre, she always told her mother to inform me that she was not home. But when her mother noticed that my calls were very frequent, she asked my wife who I was and she said I was a suitor she was not really interested in. Her mother then advised her to give me a trial. Her mother told her to pick my calls and if she was not interested in dating me, she would know how to tell me. That was how she began to pick my calls,” Sanyeri said.

 

…..Punch

After 3 Kids In 3 Years, I Needed A Break – Mercy Johnson-Okojie

Mercy-Jonhson-trainCurvy cum busty Nollywood actress, Mercy Johnson-Okojie, has revealed how much it was worth to create time out of her extremely busy career schedule to go on holiday with her husband in the United States for  approximately three weeks. Shortly after her return to her home country, the pretty mother of three spoke to Potpourri on the importance of taking time out to go on vacations. “We went to spend time together, three kids, three years, its fun; it’s awesome. In marriage, it’s necessary to have time to reminisce, plan and talk” she said excitedly Responding to why she’s already working barely a week after her return from the United States with her husband, she responded; “It’s not about the money, as a person I combine my marriage, my kids, my work together. I’ve done that for the past five years. My kids are on holidays now, so it’s a better time for me to work before they get back to school; it’s actually a better timing. Like I always say, it’s not about the money but the passion I have for my work.”

…Vanguard

Ooni Of Ife Artistes Pally On Yoruba Film Festival

Ooni-with-Yoruba-actorsIn preparation for the 2016 edition of the Yoruba Film Festival (YFF) slated to hold in November, the Ooni of Ife, HRH Oba Enitan Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ojaja II, has played host to some stakeholders in the industry recently.

According to information, the four-day film screening event will take place at the cradle of the Yoruba race and the citadel of cultural tourism in South west Nigeria, Ile Ife, Osun State. host of the event,

The Yoruba Film Festival (YFF), according to the founder and initiator, Segun Omoworare, is created to screen films with Yoruba theme. The festival, according to the organisers, would exhibit industry interactions, features films, shorts, documentaries, conversations and awards in order to explore the Yoruba identity, the contemporary Yoruba experience in Nigeria and Africa and the richness of Yoruba culture in a diverse modern world.

“There is no doubt that the Yoruba heritage of dance, drama and storytelling, which formed the superstructure of the enduring itinerant Yoruba travelling theatre (Alarinjo) was a stimulus to the emergence of Nollywood.

“We take pride in the contributions of the Yoruba filmmakers to the socio-cultural, technical and economic development of the Nigerian film industry,” said Omoworare.

The Yoruba Film Festival was unveiled recently at the King’s palace Hall of “The Oni of Ife” the Arole Oduduwa.

The unveiling witnessed the presence of big names in the Yoruba movie industry including Femi Adebayo, Faithia Balogun, Kemi Afolabi, Ijodee Dance, Bukanla Ogunote and many others.

I Don’t Like Listening To My Own Songs – Monica Ogah

Monica OgahOne-time Project Fame winner, Monica Ogah has stated that she doesn’t like listening to her own songs after recording them. According to her, “I don’t have a favourite song out of all my songs because I believe in everything I put out; they all have potentials. However, I don’t like to listen to my songs, because I tend to criticise myself a lot.” On what she’s been up to recently, the busty songstress ventured, “I’ve just been working lately trying to put more singles and videos out there. I do have a couple of special projects though. I’m working with some big names in the industry, and we’ll be shooting a video soon. But I don’t want to let the cat out of the bag by revealing their identities now.” Monica also dismissed claims that there is some sort of rivalry between past Project Fame winners hence their decision not to work together. She quipped, “I’ve worked with Chidinma already. I think we’re all busy, trying to get our acts together right now. There certainly will be collaborations, but it’s not now.”

….Vanguard

US Rapper Accused Of Sex Abuse In Austria Gets Bail

freddie-Gibbs1US rapper Freddie Gibbs, who is charged with the sexual abuse of a female fan in Austria, was released on bail from a Vienna prison on Thursday, court officials said.

The 34-year-old from Gary, Indiana, left the Wien-Josefstadt jail after paying 50,000 euros ($57,000) and surrendering his passport, court spokeswoman Christina Salzborn said.

He has been barred from leaving the country while the case is still open, she said.

Gibbs, whose real name is Fredrick Tipton, was extradited in late July from France where police arrested him on a European arrest warrant shortly before a planned gig in the southwestern city of Toulouse.

The American is accused of drugging two girls — aged 16 and 17 at the time — after a concert in Vienna on July 6, 2015, and taking them back to his hotel where he is said to have abused one of the women.

 

…..Punch

Ruggedman And 9ice Back Together With Religion

ruggedman and 9ceTwo of Nigeria’s frontline hip musicians – 9ice and Ruggedman – over the weekend came out with a new song titled Religion.

Rich with lyrical delivery style of Yoruba proverbs by 9ice (Abolore Akande) and rap by Ruggedman (Michael Stevens), the duo sing about how they charted the face of hip hop by infusing indigenous languages and slangs.

“Street ti take over, Yeah, we know we would” rapped Ruggedman on the song. And in what seems like a prophesy, Ruggedman said the Nigerian music industry has blossomed beyond continental imagination.

“Ruggedman and 9ice making history. You never saw this coming but it is here.”

The song which has been enjoying massive downloads via the internet and airplay on radio was produced by KrizBeatz and mastered by Marqi.

The two artistes had first collaborated on Ruggedman’s track, RuggedyBaba in 2009 in which Ruggedman rapped passionately on the essence of rapping and singing in pidgin English as well as in the various mother tongues.

“From Nigeria, the world only know juju, fuji and afrobeats but we all know hip hop is running the streets,” Ruggedman had rapped on the track.

“Wetin go make them know where your music dey come from in the long run na the fusion of music, grammar, slang and your mother tongue.”

9ice, who had rocked the Nigerian hip hop scene with Gongo Aso had referred to Ruggedman asOpomulero which translated from Yoruba means ‘mainframe’ in English.

And in 2010, Ruggedman and 9ice were engaged in a public feud when it was reported that 9ice accused Ruggedman of sleeping with 9ice’s ex-wife Toni Payne while they were still married.

However, six years later, 9ice apologised to Ruggedman. And the two frontline Nigerian hip hop musicians with the release of the joint single seemed to have effectively put the past behind them

 

….The Nation

Johnny Depp, Amber Heard End 18-Month Marriage

johnny-depp-and-amber-heard1Amber Heard and Johnny Depp have reached an out-of-court settlement to end their 18-month marriage, they said Tuesday, after the actress withdrew allegations that her husband physically abused her.

Heard filed papers to withdraw her claims of abuse, dropping an application to extend a restraining order against the Oscar-nominated actor, Los Angeles Superior Court said in a statement.

“Our relationship was intensely passionate and at times volatile, but always bound by love,” Depp and Heard said in a statement.

“Neither party has made false accusations for financial gains. There was never an intent of physical or emotional harm. Amber wishes the best for Johnny in the future.”

The statement said Heard would be donating financial proceeds from the divorce to a charity.

The two have agreed that Depp will pay Heard $7 million, according to entertainment news website TMZ.

The announcement comes a day before the pair were due in court to discuss extending Depp’s restraining order. It brings to an end an acrimonious and bitter three months of accusations and counterclaims.

Heard dismissed the case with prejudice, according to TMZ, which means she cannot refile it.

The 30-year-old initially filed for divorce from Depp, 53, in May and subsequently obtained a restraining order that requires the “Pirates of the Caribbean” star to stay away from her.

She made a police statement accusing Depp of domestic violence, saying she had endured “years of physical and psychological” abuse.

She subsequently appeared in court with a black eye that she said was the result of Depp hurling a cell phone at her face.

The former couple met on the set of the 2011 film “The Rum Diary,” when the actor was still in a relationship with French actress Vanessa Paradis, mother of his son Jack and daughter Lily-Rose.

They married in February last year.

 

….Punch

Justin Bieber Deletes Instagram Account

Justin-BieberIn the 1970s, an angry, maligned rock star would throw his television out of his hotel window, but Justin Bieber has gone for the millennial-style nuclear option — deleting his Instagram account.

The baby-faced Canadian musician, 22, committed online hara-kiri after becoming upset by a barrage of negative comments about his new friendship with Sofia Richie.

The pair have been pictured stepping out together several times in recent weeks, amid a frenzy of rumors linking them romantically.

Reacting to insults posted by fans alongside pictures of the 17-year-old model — singer Lionel Richie’s daughter — Bieber told his 77 million followers: “I’m gonna make my Instagram private if you guys don’t stop the hate.

“This is getting out of hand, if you guys are really fans you wouldn’t be so mean to people that I like.”

But the millionaire singer appears to have gone a step further, as clicking on links to his Instagram page now yields an error message.

Fellow singer Selena Gomez, Bieber’s former girlfriend, took the opportunity to twist the knife before the account was deleted.

“If you can’t handle the hate then stop posting pictures of your girlfriend lol — it should be special between you two only,” the 24-year-old posted.

“Don’t be mad at your fans. They love you. They were there for you before anyone.”

“It’s funny to see people that used me for attention and still try to point the finger this way. Sad. All love,” Bieber countered.

“Funny how the ones that cheated multiple times, are pointing the finger at the ones that were forgiving and supportive, no wonder fans are mad. Sad. All love,” Gomez retaliated.

Bieber is the latest in a series of celebrities dealing with abuse on social media by closing their accounts.

Actress and comedian Leslie Jones quit Twitter temporarily in June — devastated by a torrent of racist and sexist abuse aimed at her by trolls.

Bieber recently shut his Snapchat account too, and announced in May that he would no longer be taking pictures with fans in public.

“It has gotten to the point that people won’t even say hi to me or recognize me as a human,” he wrote on Instagram.

“I feel like a zoo animal, and I wanna be able to keep my sanity.”

Bieber and Gomez dated for almost two years from January 2011, but spilt up citing busy schedules.

Some fans interpreted “Sorry,” from Bieber’s album “Purpose,” which came out in November last year, as a message from the former child star to Gomez.

Bieber has had a string of legal run-ins for incidents including throwing eggs at a neighbor’s house, driving under the influence of alcohol without a license and allegedly assaulting a photographer.

 

….Punch

Rihanna To Receive MTV’s Lifetime Achievement Award

rihannaRihanna, a popular musician, will receive MTV’s Lifetime Achievement Award at the Aug. 28 Video Music Awards (VMA) show.

Reuters reports that MTV said Rihanna would be joining the likes of Kanye West, Madonna and Beyonce who achieved the feat in previous shows.

The Michael Jackson Video Vanguard award is the highest honour in the video music industry, and reflects an artist’s impact on music, pop culture, fashion, film and philanthropy.

Rihanna, 28, has won the coveted video of the year at the MTV ceremony twice and is an eight-time Grammy winner with more than 61 million albums sold.

The “Umbrella’’ singer also set up the Clara Lionel Foundation, which works to improve health and cultural services in her home of Barbados and beyond.

Rihanna will perform at the ceremony in New York, where she was nominated for four VMA’s for her song “Work” with Canadian rapper Drake.

She was also nominated for her collaboration with Calvin Harris on “This is what you came for”.

West, a rap musician, won the Vanguard award in 2015 and other previous winners including Michael Jackson, Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake.

 

….The Nation

Bollywood Star Shah Rukh Khan Detained At US Airport

Shah-Rukh-KhanBollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan took to Twitter Friday to express his annoyance at being detained by US airport immigration authorities for the third time, saying the experience “really, really sucks”.

The last time Khan, 50, was detained by immigration officials in New York in 2012, it sparked uproar among his Indian fans who accused the US of racial profiling, and led Washington to apologise.

“I fully understand & respect security with the way the world is, but to be detained at US immigration every damn time really really sucks,” Khan tweeted after he was pulled aside at Los Angeles airport.

“The brighter side is while waiting caught some really nice Pokemons”.

As news of Khan’s detention broke on Indian television channels, US Assistant Secretary of State Nisha Biswal quickly expressed regret.

“Sorry for the hassle at the airport, @iamsrk – even American diplomats get pulled for extra screening!” Biswal tweeted.

Washington had previously denied allegations that Khan was singled out because his name denotes him as a Muslim.

Someone with the same name is reportedly on a US no-fly list of 80,000.

After the 2012 incident, Khan joked in a speech to Yale University that he was accustomed to such hassles.

“Yes, it always happens… Whenever I start feeling arrogant about myself, I always take a trip to America,” he told students. “The immigration guys kick the star out of stardom.”

Khan was also detained for more than two hours in 2009 at Newark airport outside New York, prompting a similar Indian outcry and a US apology.

In February, a Sikh Indian-American actor and designer, Waris Ahluwalia, was barred from boarding an Aeromexico flight from Mexico City to New York because he refused to remove his turban.

 

…..Punch